Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RL A LITTLE ROUGH

I do not complain a lot, but things are sort of tough right now.  Being laid off due to funding cuts by the state and now a air conditioning that needs replaced.  The house I live in belonged to may parents and the windows do not open.   It is still above 90 by morning.  During the night I get up and rinse off in the shower or go to the back yard and skinny dip in my above ground pool   There are many worse off that me and I can survive this. Just imagine what it was like years ago with no air conditioning.  I do have a fan in the bed room and when I get wet I do not dry off and when my body dries enough to lay down I go back to bed.  I have always liked hot weather and do not like winter, but this is a bit uncomfortable.  Well feel better just writing about it.  Now into the pool and back to bed.  It is 2:30 in the morning here.  Have a great day. 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your ordeals, I hope you get the AC working again soon!

    There is a trick I use sometimes that also might help,

    After your shower, wet a sheet in really cold water then squeeze out most of the water - and go to bed with the wet sheet over yourself. ;)

    It sometimes worked wonders for me and has helped me to sleep during the most awful heatwave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you I will try that. Yu have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I feel for you. When I lived in the U,K. we had a massive heatwave one summer, and very few places are air conditioned. I found that spending as much time as I could anywhere during the day the was cool made the nights somewhat more tolerable. Try to get to a mall or movie theater or someplace during the day so you can cool down.

    ReplyDelete