Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Sad Day in My RL

WHY

This is a sad day here in RL.  I live in a small town.  This morning got the word that a young pizza delivery boy who has been missing sense going out on a delivery Thursday night.  He has been found dead of two gun shot wounds.  Recently our town make the headlines on the front page of the New York Times as having the highest rate of prescription pain killers use in the country. We are also know to have a high use of hard drugs.  

I feel helpless and wish I could do something to help.  Posted two thoughts on my Facebook that say how I feel.  They are as follows:

1.   I remember the days we could be proud and feel that our small town was the place to be. Felt bad for those in large towns with all there drugs and crime. That this was a safe place to raise a family. Were have we gone wrong for we surely have. Hope that someone or some group can get hold of things and turn them around. A sad day indeed.

2.   Seems we all know this and yet so far no one seems to know what to do. I truly wish I had the know how as to what we can do as a community to get a handle on this problem. It is not going to go away on its own.


A very frustrating feeling.  I am one that believes in freedon of chose as to how we live so long as we are old enough to make those decisions knowing what the down side might be.  Our decision should not effect others.  A family is truly in pain today.  My heart hurts for them.

I truly wonder if maybe certain drugs should be legalized.  That maybe this is part of the solution.  I have never used or tried drugs and know many who have.  This should be a persons choose.  I know many will disagree with me, but we must look at it as saving our future generation and be open minded and consider all solutions.



2 comments: