Saturday, May 14, 2011

STREAMING PROBLEM

COMMUNICATION  - BEST WAY

Wonder how to communicate with problems with viewer in SL.   Have a few times asked questions of someone on line by IM.  A problem can take some time and this is not a good way to do it.  Distracts others from what they are doing.

I have tried several times by Note card,  Not a good idea in most cases.  I tend to ramble and not make a problem clear in a few words.  Sometimes mis understood and in a one way a mis understanding can go un answered.  Last night had a response as to a reply on comments, and there was a mis understanding.  Got a chance to make it right.  I really appreciated it.

I have stuck my foot in my mouth a few times and that is not a good feeling, when I did not mean to.  Glad I have small feet and clean feet and bare footed when I do.

Just when I decided not to use note cards in the future I got one this morning who read my postings here and it had a lot of advise and thoughts that were helpful.  I have now had several contact me by IM and they relate to the touch problem I mention.

Now have a streaming problem.  Have not found a answer on line.  When I TP into a location the stream will not work unless I log out from that location and then log back in at that location.  If I move from one sim to another I must stop and log off and on.  It is a real pain.  Right now I am logged on in RL but not at the computer.  This will keep the stream running and then when I go to that computer I can keep working on the problem and not have to log off and back on again.  This makes exploring a pain.

Well if nothing else this relives some of my stress.

Have a good RL and SL.

2 comments:

  1. Well got the stream working. Got them on the white list. The only problem is lost a stream for my apartment and do not know how to set up a stream Working to research that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the stream to finally work at my apt. I went several places and it worked fine. Then went back to my place and once again it would not work.Could not get it to work anywhere after that.
    The Phoenix help page is under construction.

    ReplyDelete